Poker is a game that has evolved from hundreds of years and taken the modern shape today. New Orleans, Louisiana is the place where the root of poker is firmly planted. The first time Poker was officially talked about in memoirs of English actor Joseph Cowell. In 1829, the game Cowell was talking about wasn’t though the poker we know today, it was a deck of the 20-card game and they used to bet on the hand who has the best.
Historians think that the poker’s root is stretched back to 16th century. But the modern poker is very different from the type it used to be on those times.
The game crossed via Mississippi riverboats and spread to the rest of America in the 19th century, and slowly the game changed into the 52-card deck.
At the time of the Civil war, many variations of Poker had come out, for example, stud poker. But poker came up as a community of utilizing game around the beginning of 20th century. On the 1970s the dawn of World Series of Poker started, and the game became highly popular. When the media also started interest in showing poker game from World Serious of Poker the game became very popular and now after the opening of online poker games, poker is now a household name. If you want to start easily learning poker and learn different strategies and skill in it, you can visit Tournament Poker training sites.
Let’s see how to play Texas Hold’em
There are many variations of poker, but the most popular is Texas Hold’em.
It is one of the easiest pokers to learn, it would hardly take you five minutes to learn this game, but to master, this game will take you a lifetime.
- How to play
Once you learn the basics, Hold’em is an easy game to play.
- Forced bets are known as blinds in Hold’em. The dealer will deal the cards, and the player who will be sitting next to the dealer on the left side is known as small blind, and the player next to the small bidder is the big blind.
- The dealer will provide every player with two face-down cards, and the betting will start from the player sitting at the left of the big blind. Every player can call whatever they think best, big blind, raise or fold.
- After the bets are made on the first round, the dealer will provide one card face down followed by three cards face-up on the table in the center. Now, the second round of betting will start from the player sitting at the next and towards the left of the dealer.
- After that, the dealer deals the fourth card called as “Turn.” This is then followed by betting, and then the fifth card in the center of the table will be dealt by the dealer called as “River,” and then this will be followed by the betting for the last time.
- Now, the people who have cards on their hand will show cards to see who is the winner. The winner will be the one who has the best one or both the cards compared with the community cards at the center of the table, the total will be five cards.
Don’t worry if you have never played poker before; there are websites which will let you play free with no deposit till you feel you have learned the game.
Pros: Hold’em is an easy game to learn and has a lot of strategies. It is a common game played between friends, online or casino.
Cons: A few people call it volatile, and due to popularity, the level of the play is too high.
- Crazy Pineapple